Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Knitted Neck Warmer Refashion Into Cushion Cover


Living in the tropical has limited my exposure to any winter fashion thus far. I fear of cold weather, hence I don’t like the idea of traveling to any country during their winter times. As a result,   I didn't know a large knitted thing with opening at its’ two ends is actually a neck warmer. It is quite a cool way to keep the neck and even head warm.

So, here is the story. I was doing my Christmas shopping at the newly opened H&M store at Setia City Mall last December.  This is the 2nd H&M Store opened in Malaysia in three months. I was excited to discover this amazing store where I found many great fashion stuffs at surprisingly reasonable prices. Among the many goodies that I spotted, this beautiful knitted neck warmer was in a bargain bin for RM 15 (US$5). I was mainly attracted to its colors and design before I know what it’s for.  I thought it was a great deal and an idea to turn it into a cushion cover flashed into my mind and a perfect Christmas gift for a dear friend.



To start, I made a cushion with nice upholstery fabric and sewed a few fabric covered buttons to it; making few button holes on the neck warmers so that it will secure the cover to the cushion.  To add some fun, I decorated the cushion cover with some pompoms - a project is done in a few short hours.






If you have knitted neck warmers sitting in the closet you should consider up cycle them for cushion covers!

No comments:

Post a Comment