Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Duo Zipper Travel Wallet with Detachable Passport Holder

Left - front view;  Right - back view with snap button

I had refused to buy a plastic wardrobe when I was study in Art College. I rather used paper boxes and luggage to keep my clothing. Ironically, I ended up using one for 2 years when a friend who had graduated, left her plastic wardrobe for me before she return to hometown. After working for a year, I bought a big beautiful wooden wordrobe. The same went for my selection of passport cover. I never like those that are sold in the Malaysian Immigration Department. Therefore, my passport stayed naked till this holder was made finally! I couldn't help myself for such attitude-a rather not have then to acquire something I dislike :)

Inside view of passport holder- with pockets and pen holder

I used the same theme as for my sewing journal simply because I adorn this Hmong batik very much. I thought it would be nice to have matching travel wallet, thus the duo zips travel wallet sketch was drafted. I honestly confess that I copied the design of Le Sport Sac 3 Zip cosmetic bag and modified to duo zip, adding a divider in the main compartment, plus initial on the cover. To perfect it and for convenience in usage, I designed the travel wallet and passport holder detachable, it would save my trouble from searching the whole travelling tote in the airport immigration for the little book. I can detach the passport holder just as when I don't need to use the passport. I proudly have my label sew on it :)


With my initial, it is definately mine! No one could say " I want, I want, give it to me".


Left- Divider in the main compartment allows one to separate different currency
Right- Snap and they stay together!
This will all go into my tutorial samples for a workshop I am planning to do next year.  With this reason, I couldn't stop creating & sewing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment