Friday, January 6, 2012

Christmas Decor at Home




Christmas is my favorite time of the year. It's season of love. The love of God is shown with the best gift anyone could give. We exchange gifts with loves one. We prepare gifts to those whom we like to express our gratitude and even to anonymous by sharing the love of Christ.

I love the decor of this season. To have a properly done up Christmas tree is a real investment. But to handmade all the ornaments would take up years. Hence, I gradually add on new ornaments for the tree and I handmade new decorative items for my home every year.

My family was blessed with a beautiful 6 feet Christmas tree (artificial) this year from a great couple. I am so glad to receive this as the 4 feet tree I had was too short for the room.

This year my project was to make some handmade fabric birds from the book Sew Sunny Homestyle by Tone Finananger, one of my favorite designer. To collaborate with this season, I made all 19 birds in red, white and natural jute colors. I have added some embellishment on the royal family birds for a little ethnic touch. That's simply Yann's signature :)

I found great joy making these birds though I have to sacrifice some sleep, TV shows and time for my family. It took me couple of days to set up all the decoration at home in between my chores at home and caring for my family.

I know recent Christmas had just passed. But I hope this inspired you for this year Christmas. You will have ample of time to do many projects!


Check out more pictures of the fabric bird and basic guide on my next post.




No comments:

Post a Comment