Friday, November 9, 2012

Gathered Fabric Flower with Bird Hair Clip




My little girl had been talking about her kindergarten party all week. She kept asking me which outfit to wear and what headgear to match her outfit for the party. The kindergarten she is attending organized a headgear party today before the end of the school year next week. This is my daughter’s last year in the kindergarten and she will advance to primary school starting Jan 2013. I want her to enjoy her party and have been planning on making her a headgear or a hat to wear on that day. However, many events took place since end of last week, and I was not able to work on the headgear until this morning.




After sending my eldest daughter off to school at 6.15am, I started making this gathered fabric flower hair clip with bird resting atop. My initial plan was just to make a big flower hair clip. After completion of a flower hair clip, I felt like adding something to make it more interesting. A little decorative bird in the hallway flashed into mind. To enhance the concept, I picked up a green leave from my basket of artificial flower and add it at the bottom of the flower. Here it goes of my little creation completed in 2 hours. I would have added a tiny twig if my little girl would use it.





My little girl was not pleased with the bird resting atop the flower as she didn't want to look too outstanding among her friends. I had to convince her that other kids will come in fancier outfits and her headgear will just be cute and creative. The persuasion continued for a while and it eventually ended with bribery of a technical pencil, a stapler and an eraser!



At last, she was convinced and happy, and so was I. She returned home happily after school and told me about all the compliments she received from her teachers and friends.

The tutorial page should be out in few days. You may find it on Yann's Simple Tutorial page.

No comments:

Post a Comment