Monday, December 3, 2012

Duo-sided Christmas Napkins


I haven't got over my red mania since last Christmas. The French General had quite an impact on me since I learn about it from Kaari Meng books. Thanks to a dear friend recent order for Christmas theme napkins as one of the item in her gifts catalog, I got to continue my red mania project. I happily designed and handpicked some fabric for the napkins and sent them to a workshop for the order. I sew some extra for personal use and gifts to dear friends as I think that is more special. Another reason is because I could do better job than the workshop as I take longer to sew.


Diagonal Buffet Server  with pocket for holding cutlery set
I have designed duo-sided table runner and table mats last Christmas. Now, it is a table napkin. The purpose for designing the duo-sided napkin is simply to have extra option for table display.  After sewing the sample, I searched on Youtube for napkin folding tutorial. I found this napkin folding- Diagonal Buffet Server great to display the duo face napkin I made as it shown the different colors of the two sides. 








To personalize the seat, just add a name tag of your guest on the white fold





I have never use fabric table napkin at home as this is not common practice in Asian homes. This is the first time I learn to fold a fancy design napkins and that was really fun. I hope to learn more ways of napkin folding when I have time.


Lily Napkin reveals the different side on the top fold
Simple Butler Napkin with a fold on the top flap to reveal the different side
Vintage brass napkin ring I bought in Healdsburg Antique Fair 2011
adds charm to table setting. But one problem, I only have one ring.


I couldn't wait to use these beautiful napkins for my Christmas events at home in this December. Click here for this easy to make napkin tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment