Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Unforgetable Faces.......(1)

I kept returning to Northwest Vietnam  because of  her beautiful people. I have a soft spot for children... their faces have always been  imprinted in my heart. I wish they could have a better life and education and most importantly, be freed  from oppression......



Finally the long awaited  good news have materialised ....The establishment of "Hope Centre" in Hao Thao village has brought in rays of hope to the Hmong around Sapa. It is a community center that acts as a gathering place for the Hmong people. It also provides job training to Hmong girls; A Centre mainly dedicated to the taylor school for the girls. As the majority of Hmong families can’t afford to not have all hands in the family working then to let thier children attend school,  the taylor school in Hope Centre even pays girls to come learn taylor skills and it also gives them a free meal each day. That's a good beginning.  I wish more such centres will be set up around the region, bringing hopes to more tribes around the region.

I wish I could take better shots....as a picture speaks a thousand words. All the pictures shown are taken by a normal digital camera and touched up with photoshop.

Info of Hope Centre obtained from http://dustinlloydmiller.com/wordpress/?page_id=205

No comments:

Post a Comment