Saturday, February 11, 2012

Placemat with dove applique

The dove that escaped the placemat?



I still haven't got through with my 'bird flu'.  I made 6 place mats with the dove design after I completed the fabric birds and duo sided festive table runner projects.

The placemat making processes included steps like painting, appliqué, embroidery and sewing. The place mat is padded with interfacing material and it sits firmly on the table.  It turned out so sweet and pretty that I decided to use them only on special occasions, most likely during Christmas.

Christmas tea time
My daughter asked if I was going to sell those mats and how much would I sell them for. I guess I would have to make another set before I am willing to sell the first set away. I would consider selling on Etsy for $12 each or a set of 6 for $66 when I eventually set up a seller account. (Etsy is a social commerce website focused on handmade or vintage items as well as art and craft supplies) As for now, I have very little things to start my shop in Etsy.

Click here for tutorial on how to make this lovely placemat. Change the colour, tag and you can modify the design to fit any occasion.

2 comments: